Below is a message sent to families and guests of the Yale College Class of 2019 from Secretary and Vice-President for Student Life, Kimberly Goff-Crews. If you would like to receive Commencement notifications, please contact University Events.
Dear Families and Friends of the Class of 2019,
It is with great pleasure that I invite you to Yale University’s three hundred eighteenth Commencement.
Commencement weekend activities for students and their guests begin on Saturday, May 18, and culminate in the university Commencement ceremony on Monday, May 20, on our historic Old Campus. I would like to draw your attention to the major ceremonies of the weekend:
- Baccalaureate | Saturday, May 18, and Sunday, May 19 (assigned by residential college and ticketed in 2019)
- Saturday, May 18, 2:30 p.m. - Morse, Saybrook, Timothy Dwight, Pierson, and Pauli Murray Colleges
- Sunday, May 19, 9:00 a.m. - Berkeley, Davenport, Grace Hopper, Ezra Stiles, and Benjamin Franklin Colleges
- Sunday, May 19, 11:00 a.m. - Trumbull, Branford, Silliman, and Jonathan Edwards Colleges
- Class Day | Sunday, May 19 (all Yale College seniors and their guests, no tickets required)
- Commencement ceremony and residential college diploma ceremonies | Monday, May 20 (all university graduates and their guests, no tickets required)
Please use the Commencement website as your best source for information about Commencement weekend. Details regarding ceremonies and other activities, dining, announcements, and yearbooks will be updated throughout the academic year. On-campus housing registration and wheelchair reservations are now open.
Over the coming months, University Events will send routine updates with key dates and reminders. In December, we will write to you and your student with tips to help plan your weekend and key dates to remember. In March, you will receive additional information about on-campus dining options, special weekend performances, and other Commencement-related services.
In addition to these updates from University Events, your graduate’s residential college will also send information specific to the events that are unique to that college.
I hope you will join us for this proud occasion. We look forward to celebrating with you and with our seniors in May.
Kimberly M. Goff-Crews
Secretary and Vice President for Student Life